Launched in May 2020, VenangoREADY is a program designed to assist educators to better prepare students for the workplace.
Check out this #PSBA-video feature of VenangoREADY!
Venango area employers have identified the following skills as essential for fueling a 21st century workforce, and for their employees to possess:
- Communication – Ability to articulate thoughts or ideas clearly, succinctly, effectively and appropriately
- Work Ethic – Ability to be punctual and productive, and to effectively manage time; taking pride in work product and a job well done
- Teamwork – Ability to build relationships with colleagues and customers with diverse viewpoints, apply individual skills toward a common goal, and balance individual needs with the organizational need to perform as a unit
- Tactfulness & Manners – Ability to treat people with respect, courtesy and consideration, especially in difficult situations; exhibiting emotional maturity
- Critical Thinking & Problem Solving – Ability to exercise sound reasoning when analyzing issues, making decisions and overcoming problems as they arise
- Understanding Supervision & World of Work – Ability to respect and understand the organizational mission, ‘chain of command’ within the workplace, and accept final decisions made by supervisors
What is VenangoREADY?
VenangoREADY (and its extension, ForestREADY) is a partnership between the Venango Area Chamber of Commerce and local school districts and career/technical training institutions. The worker certification program is designed to better match local employers with employees who possess the desired core skill sets. This voluntary collaborative worker certification program is designed to better match local employers with a quality workforce – future employees that have achieved desired levels of proficiency in the skills employers want and businesses need to be successful. VenangoREADY complements the 21st century workforce experiences in school district curriculum offerings.
What does it mean to be VenangoREADY?
The designation is the local business community’s seal of approval. When Venango area employers see the VenangoREADY designation on job applications or resumes, they will know that the applicant possesses an understanding of and proficiency in the core attributes that businesses find essential in employees.
One of the biggest challenges currently facing employers across the industry sectors is finding employees with the appropriate skill sets. These include core skills often referred to as “soft” skills. Six such attributes have been specifically identified by Venango County employers as being essential for their employees to possess. The initiative seeks to connect local employers with individuals that are gaining proficiency in these areas, fostering access to a quality workforce.
How does one become VenangoREADY?
Participating school districts will monitor and measure proficiency in the six core attributes. VenangoREADY certification is available to students entering the workforce upon graduation, as well as those continuing their education. Your school’s VenangoREADY administrator can discuss in more detail VenangoREADY measurement and the criteria to achieve designation.
Check out the Pennsylvania School Boards Association’s feature of VenangoREADY:
ForestREADY is an extension of the VenangoREADY program, operating in Forest County.