The Northwest Commission initiated an update of the Northwest Pennsylvania Greenways Plan in the spring with the goal of furthering its efforts to:
• Provide benefits for current and future residents by building upon existing and establishing new recreation and transportation greenway corridors;
• Conserve the region’s essential natural resources;
• Identify projects which foster economic development through recreation and recreational partnerships;
• Determine techniques to strengthen regional resiliency in a way that both enhances quality of life, and promotes sustainable growth through the development of regional greenways and natural assets.
• Some greenways are for human activity and may accommodate motorized and non-motorized recreation and transportation uses. Other greenways conserve natural infrastructure for the benefit of community, economy, and environment and are not designed for human passage.
To update the plan, your feedback is requested. The survey asks how users interact with greenways areas and what improvements or expansions they would like to see in the future. The survey can be accessed online at arcg.is/1bi8nS.
This article was published in the Venango Chamber’s August 2022 VenangoWorks! Newsletter.