Below you will find a list of resources from a local, state, and federal level. We will continue to update this page as new resources become available. If you know of something that should be listed here, please let us know! Contact the Chamber at 814-676-8521 or email@example.com if you have any questions.
LOCAL UPDATES FROM VENANGO COUNTY BUSINESSES
The Venango Chamber is collecting updates from local businesses. View all updates here.
SUSAN’S LETTER TO PA GOVERNOR TOM WOLF
Chamber President/CEO Susan Williams sent this letter to Governor Wolf on May 4.
COVID-19 LOAN/GRANT INFORMATION
GUIDANCE FROM THE SBA
Guidance for Businesses & Employers from the Small Business Administration (SBA).
• View the SBA Loan Resources page here.
• View the SBA’s Three Step Process guide here.
• Payroll Protection Loan or Paycheck Protection Program. Find FAQ’s here.
• Economic Injury Disaster Loan (currently closed)
• SBA Clarifies Loan Forgiveness When Laid-Off Employee Refuses Re-Hire Offer
FEDERAL RESERVE MAIN STREET LENDING PROGRAM
The Federal Reserve established the Main Street Lending Program to enhance support for small and mid-sized businesses, find more information here.
EMERGENCY AGRICULTURE ASSISTANCE GRANTS
Find more information here.
COVID-19 Working Capital Access (CWCA) Program
Find more information here.
NORTHWEST BANK – CHECKLIST FOR SBA LOAN / CARES ACT
View the checklist from Northwest Bank here.
BRIDGEWAY CAPITAL LOANS FOR COVID-19 RESPONSE FUND
Find more information here.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION & RESOURCES
US DEPT OF LABOR RESOURCES FOR EMPLOYERS AND EMPLOYEES
The U.S. Department of Labor has resources to help workers and employers prepare for the COVID-19 virus: View the COVID-19 webpage here.
• Fact Sheet for Employees
• Fact Sheet for Employers
• Questions and Answers
• OSHA Compliance Posters
• Refusal of Suitable Work Form
PA GOVERNOR TOM WOLF
• Governor Tom Wolf is updating his website and Facebook page with resources, press conferences, and orders. View the website here.
• Guidance for businesses permitted to operate
• Details on phased re-opening beginning May 8
• FAQ’s for phased re-opening
PA CHAMBER RESOURCES AND FOUR MOST COMMON QUESTIONS
• The state Chamber has compiled a list of the four most common questions they have received from businesses and their answers to those questions, find that list here.
• List of business resources. View their resource page here.
• PA Chamber’s “Bringing PA Back” initiative for re-opening businesses. Find information here.
SAFETY MEASURES FOR BUSINESSES PERMITTED TO MAINTAIN IN-PERSON OPERATION
The PA Department of Heath has created an FAQ list for businesses. Find it here.
US CHAMBER RESOURCE KIT
The U.S. Chamber has released a comprehensive resource kit for businesses.
• View the kit here.
• View the emergency loans small business guide and checklist here.
• View the US Chamber Foundation’s Small Business Disaster Recovery Quick Guide here.
• Guide to the Employee Retention Tax Credit found here.
• Coronavirus Paid Leave Program: Employer Guide can be found here.
CDC RESOURCE PAGE
• List of resources for businesses and employers
• Guidance for cleaning and disinfecting can be found here
• Using cloth face coverings slow the spread of COVID-19
• Cloth face coverings Q&A
CARES ACT INFORMATION – US SENATE COMMITTEE
The US Senate Committee has created a guide to the CARES Act for small business owners. View the guide here.
PA CAREERLINK JOB PORTAL
The Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry has launched a COVID-19 Job Portal, where you can find life-sustaining businesses that are hiring. View the page here.
SMALL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CENTER (SBDC) RESOURCES
The SBDC has compiled a list of resources for businesses, view the webpage here.
IRS UPDATES AND NEWS RELEASES
The IRS is updating their webpage with updates and news releases. View the webpage here.
DCED MANUFACTURING EMERGENCY SOURCING PORTAL
The PA Department of Community Development (DCED) has created a Manufacturing Emergency Sourcing Portal for the purpose of solving some supply side issues with known critical medical supplies throughout the Commonwealth. The list of needs, as it currently stands, can be found here.
NWIRC RESOURCES FOR MANUFACTURERS
The NWIRC has compiled a full list of resources for manufacturers. Find the list here.
INFO ABOUT EMPLOYEE COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Davevic Benefits Group has created a document answering questions about compensation and health benefit coverage. View the document here.
VENANGO COUNTY COVID-19 RELIEF FUND
United Way of Venango County and Bridge Builders Community Foundations are accepting donations online at unitedwayofvenangocounty.org or bbcf.org. Donations may also be mailed to United Way of Venango County, PO Box 303, Reno, PA 16343 or to Bridge Builders Community Foundation, 206 Seneca Street, Oil City, PA 16301 (Please include COVID-19 in the memo line). For more information, or if you are an agency looking to apply for funds, please visit unitedwayofvenangocounty.org/donate-now/.
PAID LEAVE AND TAX CREDITS FOR SMALL AND MEDIUM BUSINESSES
The US Department of the Treasury, IRS, and the US Department of Labor announced on March 23 a plan to implement coronavirus-related paid leave for workers and tax credits for small and medium sized businesses. Find more information here.
DAILY LIVE BRIEFINGS FROM PA DEPT OF HEALTH
View live daily briefings from the PA Department of Health for the latest news and updates on COVID-19. View their webpage here.
REOURCES FROM ADAM WILLIAMS, LAWYER AT WILLIAMS & JORDEN (ERIE,PA)
• Podcast: How Businesses Should React to COVID-19 Crisis
• YouTube video: What’s the difference between EIDL and PPP Loans through the SBA?
COUNTY SURVEY FOR BUSINESS OWNERS
The Venango County Commissioners are conducting a survey to assess the impacts of Coronavirus (Covid-19) on local business. Complete the survey here.
LIST OF LIFE-SUSTAINING BUSINESSES
Unsure if your business is still allowed to operate under the order from Governor Wolf on March 19? View the list of Life-Sustaining Businesses here. To request a waiver to keep your location open, submit the form found here.
FRANKLIN AREA CHAMBER UPDATES
Updates and resources from the Franklin Area Chamber of Commerce. View their update page here.
PA CHAMBER WEBINAR
The PA Chamber hosted a webinar with speakers Dr. Rachel Levine and Jonathan A. Segal on March 19. View the webinar here.
How can residents help support local business?
As you know, the Governor announced recommendations intended to limit the spread of COVID-19 across PA, including a closure of dine-in services, bars, gyms, casinos, and theaters. We understand that these decisions are being made with the best interest of the health of our state, but also recognize that this has a significant and potentially devastating impact on our local businesses. This is new territory for all of us.
The Venango Chamber encourages everyone who has the means to support local at this time. Many restaurants are working hard to offer take-out and pick-up services. Find a list of business updates here.
You can also buy gift cards for later use, shop online, and share positive information on social media to spread the word about shopping local.