Congratulations 2020 YP of the Year Laura Ordaz
Nominees for this year’s Young Professional of the Year were asked to respond to the question: What motivates or inspires you to contribute to the Venango Area?
Their answers varied, but one thing is obvious—we have many, many young professionals truly making a difference here.
While some may initially think of this as volunteering, opening businesses, or serving on boards, the capacity in which these YPs make a difference is so much more than that.
In 2020 Young Professional of the Year Laura Ordaz’ acceptance speech, she chose to recognize and thank the many ways young professionals contribute to Venango County. These include:
- Choosing to move to/move back to/stay in the area
- Choosing to work here
- Raising the next generations here
- Choosing our area to open your business in
- Shopping locally and supporting the local economy
- Taking the time to volunteer
- Promoting local businesses and organizations on social media
- Contributing financially to local causes
- Bringing arts and theater to our area
- Teaching our youth
“Thank you for all these fantastic things and so much more that make our community unique and beautiful,” Laura added. “In any capacity, know that your actions are important and appreciated. You are making a difference in our community.”
We couldn’t agree more. Thank you to ALL young professionals who are helping our area thrive.
Thank you to our FLEX Presents Sponsors: Representative R. Lee James, Komatsu Mining Corp., and Karnish Financial Advisors