How many members does the Venango Chamber have?
Currently, the Venango Chamber has approximately 435 members.
Is the Chamber made up of only large businesses?
72% of the members have less than 25 employees. We have many members with less than 3 employees and organizations who may have no employees (only volunteers).
Does the Chamber receive any funding from the government?
Other than dues from government members, the Chamber does not receive any type of
funding from the government.
How does the Chamber generate its revenue?
Less than 50% of the Chamber’s revenue is generated from investor dues. The remaining revenue comes from various programs and sponsorships.
Do members have to actively volunteer?
Only 20% of Chamber member representatives are active volunteers.
Since our company doesn’t do business in the area, why should we become members?
Over the past years, the Chamber has been instrumental in working on key issues affecting the business community in the Venango Region. Without the support of our members, this could not be done.
- Advocated for NO tolling of I-80
- Supported the preservation of 4 lanes of highway between Barkeyville and Franklin
- Supported liability protections for businesses
- Currently opposing the bridge tolling across PA
- Provide informational webinars and meetings on business topics
- Hosted candidate forums
How are member dues calculated?
Member dues are based on consistent value and impactful opportunities. Currently we offer 5 Member Tier Levels to choose from. Members can choose one of the 5 levels offered, that best fits their business model. Each level has more value as investment increases.
Our business is quite small and thus, there isn’t time to attend networking events. What other benefits are there for businesses?
Although some of the Chamber’s members see great benefit from networking events, there are others that never attend the events but take advantage of a variety of other benefits that come along with investment at no additional charge:
- Telephone referrals by the Chamber
- Referrals from website directory listings under three business categories
- Referrals to your business’s web site from the online Chamber business directory
- Exposure for your business on the Chamber website and in our monthly newsletter, VenangoWorks!
- Market your business by posting your events on the community calendar on the Be Here website
- Market your business through a ribbon cutting or groundbreaking ceremony
- Opportunity to attend certain events/seminars at no charge
- Opportunity to post job openings on the Chamber’s online Job Board, hosted by Be Here
- Access to Chamber staff for connecting and consulting on a broad range of business issues