From the PA Chamber of Business and Industry – March 31, 2020
The Pennsylvania Chamber of Business and Industry is dedicated to helping business across the Commonwealth. The following are the four most common questions the PA Chamber is receiving from PA employers and the best resources they are using to find answers.
1. What are the loans and financial resources being made available to small businesses?
• Click here for information and to apply for a federal Economic Injury Disaster Loan of up to $2 million, including a grant of up to $10,000 if available within three days of a successful application.
• Click here for guidance on key business programs in the recently-passed federal financial recovery bill.
• Click here for an explanation of the Paycheck Protection Program to provide loans for small businesses.
• Click here for information on Pennsylvania’s COVID-19 Working Capital Access Program to provide working capital financing o impacted small businesses.
2. Does Governor Wolf’s business shutdown order affect my business?
• Click here for the most current list of exempt industries and HERE for a FAQ document developed by the Wolf Administration.
• Click here to apply for a waiver if your business is subject to the shutdown.
3. What are the new paid leave mandates and unemployment compensation changes?
• Click here for a brief summary from the US Department of Labor.
• Click here for an FAQ document from the US Department of Labor.
• Click here for a PA Chamber summary of both Pennsylvania and Federal changes o the unemployment compensation system.
4. How can my business help?
As the COVID-19 pandemic is impacting the Commonwealth and the nation, there has been much attention paid to the fact that the health care community is critically low on the personal protective equipment (PPE) that will help guard them against contracting the virus as they continue to perform the important work of diagnosing and treating patients. The PA Chamber is making two urgent requests of businesses across Pennsylvania:
• We are imploring businesses that have access to or a supply of N95 masks, eye gear, medical gowns and medical gloves and o not anticipate the need to utilize these items in the near future to donate them to their local hospitals. At the moment, a shortage of these items is resulting in health care providers having to wear the same PPE for hours on end, heightening their risk of contracting the virus. A complete list of in-demand supplies that are needed can be found here.
• If you are able to assist in this crucial request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Any questions may be directed to Joe Tibbs, President of HAPEvolve, who is coordinating the effort on behalf of HAP.
• We are urging all businesses that believe they are able to turn their existing supply chain into the PPE output that the health care industry so desperately needs to please contact PA Chamber Government Affairs Director Kevin Sunday at (717) 645-2071 or email@example.com.