Including links in your online content has numerous benefits. A link allows your audience to jump to a new location when they click or tap it. See some tips below for including links in various places and ways:
WHERE TO INCLUDE LINKS?
• Throughout your website and blog posts
• Social media posts
• Press releases
WHAT TO LINK TO?
• Your own website or blog
• An article or website that supports your information
• Your contact page or email address
WHY USE LINKS?
• Sends people to your website or other content, where they may explore more about your business
• Provides readers with more information about a topic you mention
• Allows your reader to save time when reading something; They can select which detail they want to understand better or read more about, without distracting them with information that isn’t useful
HOW TO INCLUDE LINKS?
• Link the URL itself (ex: www.venangochamber.org)
• Link a specific word or sentence
• Link an image
• Link a button
EXAMPLES OF LINKS:
• In a blog post, link the name of a business you mention to their website (ex: Chamber member Rossbacher Insurance welcomes Eric Thompson).
• In an email, link a button that says “SHARE YOUR FEEDBACK” to a survey to be completed. • In a social media post, link to your blog post where readers can learn more. Ex: Learn more about the Oil Region Library Association’s curbside pickup at: venangochamber.org/orla-returns-to-curbside.
• In a press release, link to your email address so the media contacts you.
• On your website home page, link a graphic that says “SHOP NOW” to your online shopping page.
When posting anything online, ask yourself: “Can I include any links here?” We’ll have more tips for creating and sharing links in our March newsletter!
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about including links in your content.
This article was published in the Venango Chamber’s February 2021 VenangoWorks! Newsletter.