On June 4, State Representative R. Lee James introduced House Resolution 370 (HR 370) recognizing and celebrating July 19, 2019, as Pennsylvania Park and Recreation Professionals Day.” The resolution passed 197-0.
There are nearly 8,000 fulltime and part-time park and recreation employees working in this Commonwealth. These park and recreation professionals are complemented by thousands of volunteers who serve on boards, committees, trails, friends and neighborhood groups, and contribute significantly to the health, well-being, economic vitality and quality of life of citizens of this Commonwealth of all ages.
Park and recreation professionals:
• Bring life-enriching services to citizens of all ages and abilities
• Work to keep facilities clean, safe and ready to use
• Strengthen community cohesion and resiliency
• Connect people with nature and each other
• Develop and manage a wide range of public programming
• Provide and promote opportunities for healthy living, social equity and environmental sustainability
Rep. James and the other members of the PA House of Representatives recognize and celebrate July 19, 2019, as “Pennsylvania Park and Recreation Professionals Day” in this Commonwealth and extend its thanks and gratitude to park and recreation professionals and the essential services that they provide to our citizens and our communities.
This article was published in the Venango Area Chamber of Commerce’s July 2019 VenangoWorks! Newsletter.